Thursday, July 24, 2008

Elizabeth's 9th Birthday

A few years ago Elizabeth asked me if she could get a hamster. I told her that when she was in the 4th grade she could get one. Well guess what that day came sooner than I thought. She turned 9 yesterday and for her birthday we went down to petco and got a baby hamster. He is really cute. He is a dwarf hamster and she has named him Spotty, even though he has no spots. :) He has even bit her already! But Spotty was quickly forgiven. She also was able to convince Jared to let her get her ears pierced 3 years early. We had told her not till she was 12, oh well. She chose flower earings that look like diamonds. She was increadibly nervous that it was going to hurt and while we were waiting for the girl to get the guns ready she almost broke my hand from squeazing me so tightly. She did really well though, didn't cry at all. I asked her after we left if it felt like a small pinch, "more like a big pinch mom". Kayla was pretty upset she couldn't get her ears pierced and asks me all the time if she can get them when she turns six next year. After much asking I finally told Kayla that she would have to convince her dad. No luck yet.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: