Zander was blessed with his cousin Kent.
Blake had his 4th birthday, which included a super hero themed party with all his friends. We played super hero basket (fruit basket tip over), we made spiders and spider webs, we tied up bad guys, and we had super hero cake and homemade root beer.
We had an Easter weekend with both sides of the family which included a trip to the mall for new Sunday dresses, playing in the splash pad, egg dying, 2 Easter Egg hunts, a BBQ of crumbled Belk burgers (lets just say we all ate a lot of chips and pie), and Sunday dinner with the Great Grandparents.
The girls have been taking music lessons this year. Elizabeth plays the violin and Kayla plays the piano. They had a recital which only lasted 10 minutes. Best recital ever! Oh and they played great.
Zander is getting bigger. He is 6 months old now. He can sit up, roll across the room, and get on his knees and rock back and forth. He has a jumping horse he loves to sit in and bounce. I wanted to upload a movie of him in it but it was taking to long to upload and I don't feel like waiting around all day. He started teething a few weeks ago and loves his rice cereal! I have never had a kid eat rice cereal. The first time I tried feeding him he did so well I asked Jared how many bites he thought Zander had taken. He figured around 6 (that would have been good for any of our other kids) he really ate around 30 bites! At his 6 month check up the Dr asked if he was sleeping through the night. Yeah right. He said he was old enough to do it, no need to say that again. That very night he was moved upstairs into Blake's room. I have no idea if he sleeps through the night but I can't hear him downstairs so I am sleeping good. :)
Blake and Jared went on their first Father's in Sons Camp out. When they got home Jared set up the tent in the backyard. We had a fire and roasted marshmallows and told "scary" stories like how dad went to the store and spent all the money. I like to tell that scary story alot. :) The kids then slept in the backyard. Well not the baby.
3 comments:
Thanks for posting. I enjoyed reading your update.
Cool stuff! I wish I could've heard the girls' music. Mac told me about Zander almost crawling last time he was there with you guys. He'll be running around before you know it... ;)
They are so cute.
Post a Comment