Thursday, January 8, 2009

kitchen helper


I thought I would make the girls chocolate chip cookies today for when they got home from school. Blake wasn't being very cooperative so I put him up on the island to help me. I had creamed the sugar and butter together and was starting to add the dry ingredients, when Blake decided he would help me. He grabbed the teaspoon and started to add some sugar. So I told him "no", but of course my children do not listen to me so he continues to add more sugar. I promptly removed the sugar from the island, while I was doing so he dumped half a box of baking soda to the dough! I was not very happy! So I scooped out a quarter or so of dough and threw it in the trash. But now I am not sure how much more flour to add since I have thrown out some of the dough, great. I add about a cup more and call it good. Well as you can see from the picture not much about these cookies turned out right. They got nice a crispy brown on the outside and gooey and undone in the middle. Oh well Jared and the kids still thought they tasted fine.

No comments: