Saturday, August 15, 2009

Backyard campout

We had told Elizabeth she could sleep out in the backyard this summer and we never got around to it. So with the first week of school behind us she convinced Jared to set up the tent in the backyard. Jared even made them a campfire out of some scrap wood he had laying around. It was quite the fire, maybe a little too big for a backyard fire :) but oh well it didn't catch the house on fire. I don't know if you can see Blake's arms in the picture it is a little dark, but he has his arms up around his head just relaxing like his dad does, he is so cute. :)
We weren't going to let Blake sleep outside with the girls but he went into the tent and got in the sleeping bag and was very content, so we thought why not.... Jared and I went inside and watched a movie, about an hour into it we decided to just go check on the kids. When we peered into the tent with the flashlight Blake's face was right there. He had been up the whole time playing with Cleo and running all over the tent. That was the end of Blake's camping adventure his mean old parents made him come inside and sleep in his room. :(

About 5 in the morning Kayla came in crying that she was scared and that her stomach really hurt. Well we knew what that meant... Blake had the stomach flu a few days ago and when we felt her forehead she had a fever. I got her a bowl because I knew the vomiting would begin soon and got her to take some medicine before it started. She has been pretty sick today, slept through most of the day and couldn't keep anything down until this evening. Hopefully she will be doing better tomorrow and then ready for school on Monday. :) I know I am a mean mom.

No comments: