Monday, March 1, 2010

Alright I guess it is time for me to post again. We have had a lot of things going on in the last month or so since I posted.
We have been down with the Swine flu for the past two months! Kayla always seems to be the first to get it and then it successfully never fails to find its way to Blake and then to Elizabeth and then to Jared and then to ME! It was nice having a few weeks off and back to our normal selves and the thought of actually getting sick again does not even enter into my mind but all of the sudden I am called from the school nurse to let me know Kayla has a fever and to come pick her up. Seriously? Not again, hopefully she will be the only one to get sick this time, yeah right. So anyways another two weeks of sickness and we are all starting to feel better again. If we get it for a third time next month I might just have to think about home schooling. J/K

Jared built us a square foot garden in our backyard this month (if you could call it that). He built two huge raised beds on the side of our house plus he made four mounds for Watermelon, Zucchini, and Yellow Squash and 3 rows for Corn. So it isn't really a square foot garden but a nice sized garden that has raised beds. We bought starts for tomatoes, herbs, and bell peppers. From seeds we are growing peas, beans, radishes, lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, zucchini, corn, squash, jalapeno, and watermelon. The peas, lettuce, and radishes have already started to sprout, which is just super exciting. Our only advice, don't buy your seeds online! The place we ordered from took their own dandy time sending us our seeds, over a month! Plus we still haven't received everything we ordered! We wont be doing that ever again.

The Dutton Grandparents come down once a month to have family home evening with us which the kids always look forward to. In February it snowed a ton in Flagstaff so being the thoughtful Grandma she is Grandma Dutton had Laurie and Grandpa pack as much snow as they could into 3 water coolers. What a treat for our little ones. The kids had a great time having a snowball fight in our front yard. After the snowball fight they made a snowman. We had neighbors driving by and getting out of their cars to take a pictures of our snowman. It is not everyday you see a snowman in Mesa.

I slowed down on couponing over the Holidays but I am back baby. I didn't miss it for those few months but I am loving it now. It is probably good to take a break from things every once in awhile. I am back to getting great deals and am even going to be teaching a Relief Society enrichment night next month about how to get started. I also just signed up for Goodreads online after so many people have been telling me to get on. I am a little nervous about sharing some of the books I like to read, they can be a little violent (I really like war books) but am excited to find out what other people read to expand my horizons. I also have been going on walks in the morning with one of my neighbors, which is so nice right now with the weather.

This past weekend my brother got married. Yeah the one I blogged about a few post down that just got home from his mission in December. He didn't waste any time. :) We are all very excited for him though, Danica is pretty awesome and will make a fun aunt. It was nice having the whole family in town. It was kind of funny though on the day of the wedding my mom, sister, and I went shopping for wedding dresses. A little birdie says there is going to be another wedding in the future like June 5th future.

Oh one finally thing that I think is funny that happened the other day. Jared and I borrowed the CD, Your Baby Can Read. Anyways you are supposed to have you baby watch it twice a day for a month. So we have tried for about 5 days or so and sit down and watch it with Blake, he doesn't really like it but will sit through most of it. Well anyways the other night we are watching it and he decides he is done and goes and turns off the TV, so I just turn it right back on. Blake in turn goes back to the TV not only turns it off but opens up the DVD player, takes out the DVD and throws it on the floor. OK Blake I get it we are done. That's my boy. Oh and he is doing great on his potty training, except for diapers at night he is fully trained. He hasn't had an accident in a few days. Yay!

Hope all is well and I probably wont post for another month, because lets face it I am a little lazy when it comes to blogging.

1 comment:

Rich and Liz Harris said...

Blake cracks us up. Funny that you should mention 'Your Baby Can Read'... Rich & I actually make fun of it. About a month ago, I had a new mother break out a whiteboard and attempt to show off her child's skills during a casual lunch. Very awkward and annoying.