Thursday, September 17, 2009

A little bit of South

This picture is for my two sister in-laws who have brought a little "south" into our lives. He he he. :) j/k Liz.

Alright I really am not going to blog about every shopping trip but I had to tell about this one, it even surprised me! Now the trick to this deal was e-coupons (cellfire and shortcuts). These sites let you upload coupons to your shopping card. Apparently I had more e-coupons on my card than I remembered.


This deal was at Safeway and if you bought 4 of the participating products it would subtract $4 from your total (making everything before coupons $1.50). Plus when you bought 4 products you receive a free box a capri sun.

1 Cocoa Puffs - ecoupon cellfire .75, ecpn shortcuts .75 = free
1 Cin Toast Crunch- .55 cpn doubled to $1= .50
2 Trix- ecpn .55, 2 .55cpn doubled to $1= .45 for 2 boxes
4 Nut Clusters- ecpn $1, $1, .40, .40. then I had 3 $1 off cpns= .20 for 4 bags
2 Capri Suns= free with deal

Total= $1.15

I actually had a $1.60 printable coupon for the 4th bag of nut clusters but it wouldn't scan so I technically could have been owed .45 but they probably would have freaked out over that so maybe it was a good thing that coupon wasn't scanning and I can use it later. Or if I would have brought one more $1 off cpn for the nut clusters I would have only paid .15. I didn't think to bring an extra cpn because I had the $1.60 cpn. Oh well I am happy only paying $1.15.

4 comments:

Melissa Zuber said...

Holly Cow! Please teach me. I feel a little slow. But how in the heck do douple coupons work? Would Walmart accept these? thzuberfam@yahoo.com

Tom and Susie Dutton said...

Wow Jenni - You are AMAZING! but who is that fetching belle??? You don't have any teenagers at your house??

Angie said...

Holy crapola! Can you please get me started?

Rich and Liz Harris said...

Oh Jenny... you made me laugh out loud! When can we go shopping together...Rich is dying for me to save some money :)