Monday, September 14, 2009

My shopping trip 9/14


Since I started couponing a few months ago I have had a few people ask me to blog about all the great deals I am getting. So I thought I would start with my shopping trip today.

Today I headed out to Bashas and had 10, .50 off coupons for Barilla pasta, plus 2 coupons for .55 off Hillshire farm lunch meat. Since Bashas doubles coupons I was able to get all of the pasta for free (on sale for $1) and the lunch meat for $1.88 a piece.

5- whole wheat spaghetti
5- mini rigatoni
2- Hilshire Farm lunch meat

paid $ 3.74






This photo is for my trip to Walgreens. Walgreens has been my new Walmart lately... It is weird never to go there anymore. Walgreens has deals called Register Rewards (RR) that print out after you purchase an item that is on sale that week. You can use your RR on your next purchase, but not on what you just bought or a new RR will not print out! The goal is to buy things that "roll" (use your RR on items that offer RR) making alot of the things you buy really cheap. Today I did 6 transactions.

1. Bought bag Northern Crisps on sale for $3. Used a $2 RR from a previous day paid $1 oop (out of pocket) got back $3RR for next purchase.

2. Northern Crisps $3. Used $1 RR from a previous day paid $2 oop. got back 3 RR

3. Northern Crisps $3. Used $1.50 RR from a previous day paid $1.50 oop. got back 3 RR

4. 2 Triaminc cold strips 2/$10. Used $2 off coupon in Walgreens Healthy Savings book next to Register (since it is a Wags coupon it takes off $2 per item and you can keep the coupon). Then I used 2 of my $3 RR from the Northern Crisps. So $4 off from Wags cpn and $6 off from RR. Paid .81 oop (I technically got these for free but had to pay .81 in tax). Got back $5 RR

5. Northern Crisps $3 and Pringles 2.29 (thanks Blake, extra buys when you bring along kids :).
Used $5 RR from Triaminic. Paid .29 oop got back 3RR

6. Decided to do the Triaminic deal again. Used two $3 RR from the Northern Crisps and the $4 Walgreens coupon. Paid oop .81 got back $5 RR.

Few that was a long explanation. So I calculated all of my purchases from Walgreens and paid a total of $6.41 for
4- Norther Crisps (hope they are good)
4- Triaminic cold strips
1- Pringles can

7 comments:

The Talley Family said...

It's fun getting good deals. Do you use coupon sense or do you it on your own?

Jenny said...

I do use coupon sense but seem to get a lot of what I am going to do from different couponing blogs.

Melissa Zuber said...

That is amazing! I want to get into couponing. How do I start?

Jenny said...

I think the most important thing is to order as many Sunday newspapers as possible. I just went from 4 to 6 to get ready for the Holiday Season. Then I like to go to ccherrypicker.blogspot.com and she has a lot of other blog links that help you match up deals to coupons. I also do coupon sense that has a coupon shopping list that lists all the sales and what coupons match up to them. Coupon Sense is mostly national so it should work for Utah.

Rich and Liz Harris said...

So cool Jenny!!

Crystal-lynn said...

Awesome Jenny! I love that you're sharing your deals! You're awesome!

Ali said...

Hi! Glad I finally found your blog. My head is spinning... wait i am going to read your further explanation...

Okay, I am going to check out that blog and coupon sense, whatever that is. I may be back with more questions. Way to save.

p.s. glad i found your blog mainly so we can keep in touch and see your cute kids.